Winter over

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Cloudy winter days
The enchantment of the sun
Blossoms will flourish

Technical Details

Nikon D850, F11, 1/25, iso 125, 24-7- ,2.8 lens at 62 mm handheld

Oh this is very spring-y. Those look like flowers to me and the light is so lovely. If those are old oak leaves they make a really great backdrop and counterpoint to the spring vibe of the other tree. The diagonals are nice, too. Alas, we are quite far behind - very windy and 30 degrees (F) with a lot of snow still on the ground.

This is a very attractive image you’ve captured Ben, though I’m not quite sure what I’m viewing. My first impression was the lovely soft light in the scene, and how the yellows and oranges compliment each other. Plus, the overall composition is filled with diagonal lines, which add energy to the image I think.

There is a good story here about spring and the last vestiges of winter. Nicely seen!

@Kris_Smith , @Jim_Lockhart , @Diane_Miller , a rather late reaction from me. But I will thank you for these nice comments. The orange leaves are from a beech hedge. And I think the tree with the yellow leaves is a maple tree. Just in the back of my garden.