Yakima River Early Spring

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We had a heavy rain yesterday which is unusual for Yakima. It does help bring out the color in vegetation along the river as well as wash off any dust and dirt. This spot is very near the road so is easy to get to.

Specific Feedback

General comments, but also saturation. Could it use some CCW rotation? Small dark triangular spot near top. I should have removed.

Technical Details

Canon 7DMKII; 100/400@300; 640ISO; 9.0; 1/200th; spot; cloudy; slight crop and dehaze.

What rich color. There’s a certain tension here, too, things in wait, things going to happen; spring springing. I did a little scroll crop to eliminate the bottom and I liked it better. Just the vegetation without the bank is a bit more ethereal and mysterious.

Have only been to the Yakima area once, but I remember it being pretty hot & dry so congrats on the rain. My friend and I coined a saying while we were there “it sucks to be a black cow in Yakima”.

Thank you. I did take some of vegetation only. I guess cattle owners didn’t get the word; a lot of Angus here.