Yellow Rumped Warbler - Audubon's Male

Back up in the mountains yesterday. This beautiful male gave me a couple of nice looks and I was happy with the OOF sunflowers in the background that seem to compliment the yellow colors in the bird. I cloned out a purple flower in the LRC that I found distracting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus EM1-X
300mm f/4 with 1.4x
1/8000, f/5.6, ISO 1600 (I had my ISO up at 1600 as some birds were landing in shady spots, this one landed in the sun)

Processed with DXO Pure RAW, LR and PS

keithcbauer
1 Like

Excellent pose and positioning, Keith. I like the background sort of matching the color on the bird.

Excellent color and detail with superb head turn. Perfect up the field. Agree with David regarding the mirroring of the yellow areas behind the bird.

Oh how sweetly they sing. I see a lot of them in the yard in spring, but not so much as the summer progresses. Have never successfully photographed one so this is a treat. A beauty. I find myself looking at that back leg and wondering what the heck he’s doing, but it’s just an asymmetrical perch pose.

Very good, Keith. I really like the perch and the pose. The out of focus yellow flowers do work well with the bird. There seems to be an out of focus vertical twig or stem along the right side that kind of disrupts the flow of the image.

Hi Keith
The image quality of the Olympus EM1-X and 300mm & F4 is out standing and by the way this photograph of a Yellow Rumped Warbler is very pretty.
Peter

Gorgeous detail on the bird! Maybe darken the perch? The area @Dennis_Plank mentioned could be softened with some low-opacity cloning and I’d remove the half of the OOF flower on the left edge. But small nits for a very nice capture!

It’s always great when they sort of look at the camera from this angle. Love the matching colors in the BG. Nice one, Keith! Cheers, Hans