Youth and age

These two were having a conversation about the relative value of wisdom and vitality, so I tuned in.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Not much processing.n Should there be more?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Its a simple image, but hopefully has some appeal.

Dick: Well seen. I like the juxtaposition of elements and the texture of the rock especially. Inquiring minds want to know what was said :wink:. Well done. >=))>

TY Bill. I expect the usual grandfatherly advice offered, courteously accepted, and ignored.

Love this shot. Excellent contrast between the elements. While I love the texture of the rock, its brightness does overwhelm the gentle color of the violet/lavender flowers in the lower right corner to my eye. I wonder if there’s any way to select the brightness of the rock especially on the R. side of the frame and darken that somewhat. Also, the darkness of the lower R. corner is a bit of an eye-magnet too and I’d be tempted to gently dodge this area as well.

Thanks @Jim_McGovern. I will work with those thoughtful suggestions.

Sorry @Dick_Knudson for calling it R. corner instead of L ! As a cardiovascular imager, we always invert R/L in our minds in order to correct for for the display compared to the anatomy in humans. My bad…

For some reason I’m longing for more dramatic lighting to give detail and depth to the vine. Typically a bright overcast sky gives the best results but in this case some shadows might increase interest. Possibly shooting at more of an angle instead of straight on. Do like the live/dead or colorful/brown element of the image against the textured rock.

Dick: Love this one. Like a combination of art and poetry, as the image and words leave much one’s imagination. Agree with Patricia on retaking it on a cloudy day, but toning down the brightness as Jim mentioned can also hep improve.