Bald Breakfast

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Should I have gone to the trouble of cloning out that cut limb?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I realize that this image has issues with poor lighting, busyness, and an unfortunate cut limb stump but I like the action, and body language of it. The kid, “Mine!”, the adult, “Okay, okay!”. Lyle wanted to see more from this encounter. Unfortunately, they stayed in this questionable photographic area the whole time I was there. Only way it could’ve been worse was if they would’ve had their butts toward me. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 550mm, ISO4000, hand held, AI Clear.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Sometimes we get caught up in overemphasizing the artistic aspect of our images. While there are a lot of problems in that respect with this image, it’s an excellent behavioral image and they can serve very useful purposes in many situations. That said, you might be able to bring out more of the interesting behavioral aspects by dodging some of the shadows through a luminosity mask. I don’t use them a lot myself, but they can come in very handy in situations like this.