Specific Feedback Requested

Balancing highlights - wings too hot

Anything else always welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/3200 sec , F 3.2 at ISO 2000
Shot with a D4s / 300- 2.8

1 Like

Very nice capture! I would not change a thing however I would be a little tempted to photoshop in a caught fish in its talons.

Hi Karl
Any time you can photograph Eagle is a good day. The pickup, water droplets, action, eye contact and detail are great. Maybe you could look at lowering the exposure in the forward wing. Very nice photograph.
Peter

1 Like

Excellent color and detail and the trailing water droplets add a nice sense of action. Nicely done.

1 Like

Wonderful – fantastic detail and sharpness, with the brownish color in the UR a perfect echo of the eagle! I’d brush on a quick mask with a soft-edged brush on the lighter area of the wing, keeping it loosely inside the wing and not trying for a really precise fit, and lower exposure there.

You could go further, or reduce saturation a bit if desired. I just used a curve.

A great flight position and you git it at a very nice angle, Karl. The wing doesn’t bother me as presented, but my go-to for this kind of thing is to touch up at the very end with the LR local adjustment brush at its highest feathering setting. You can play with so many different variables there that you can really make the light do what you want it to do and it always seems to blend well.

I guess I will have to go back again and hope I can get that fish better!

Might try lowering the exposure just a bit…Thanks @Diane_Miller

Thanks @Dennis_Plank -I am not so sure I understand what you want me to try with the local adjustment brush - example of things here that could do with brushing up