Matched Set of Show Offs

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Well, once again I was compelled to jump up from breakfast to shoot these two magnificent tom turkeys in the nice, early morning sunlight (worth having soggy cereal). They are easily the most stunning subjects in our yard to photograph and I never seem to tire of capturing their iridescent feathers.

Specific Feedback

Cropping? Thoughts on the juniper sprig in the lower right FG?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1600th, f 8.0, 300mm, ISO 14400, cropped to 4626 x 3417, Photo AI

1 Like

Hi Dave. That juniper sprig is a pain, but I don’t think you can do much about it. I think it might be worth trying to tame that bright patch on the right side. It looks like you got down pretty much at eye level with these birds. Nice job on the depth of field as well.

Great photo, Dave. Beautiful color and details on the two birds. I agree with Dennis about the brighter area on the right side. Maybe just a brightness adjustment

You’ve read about the bright spot and I think the juniper twig, though unfortunate, is what it is. But, man…those colors! Another gorgeous photo of these birds, oh King of the Turkeys!

Hi Dave, I really like this image - what a display! F8 did a good job on DOF. I’m mostly mesmerized by the two birds to worry about the noted distractions too much - a fine image IMO.